Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Zeros


THE ZEROS
THU/SEP 24/2009
@The Sets

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not gonna try to write up something about a band I honestly just found less than a year ago. But I do feel fortunate enough to be apart of helping The Zeros come back to out to Phoenix.

A friend of mine had them on his myspace player and I was intrigued enough to check them out. Just researching the history of the band alone got me stoked on them. I was already starting to have a love affair with anything underproduced or recorded in the 70s where unless you were The Beatles you weren't probably getting what you thought your money could buy.

So instead of trying to fluff you up with whatever banter I could try to muster in an hour or so I will copy/paste the information provided to the world wide web via the ever-knowing Wikipedia (be honest, you owe half of what you have on your itunes to what you've educated yourself through wikipedia)

"The Zeros were an American punk rock band, formed in 1976 in Chula Vista, California. In 1977, The Zeros played their first major gig in Los Angeles at the Orpheum Theater. Opening the show was the first performance by The Germs"

I haven't found any information regarding any previous visits The Zeros might have made to Arizona. So I guess you can ask them at the show.

$10 you cant lose. seriously, it's as much as going to see a movie and besides Inglorious Bastards there's probably nothing else good to see right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment