Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Singer of Men At Work is a cock-eyed BASTARD!!!




















After learning that he named his label Lazy Eye Records, one could assume that Colin Hay (singer of pop chart sensation Men At Work) seems like the kinda Aussie that can take a joke.

As a kid I remember watching infomercials about compilations on sell (for ONLY 19.99 NOW!!!) that had a list of the most recent top charting hits, that would come on during the commercials between Count Duckula, You Cant Say That On Television or whatever I watched back then.......Golden Girls, In The Heat Of The Night, I WATCHED THEM ALL!!

I remember when it would play "Who Can It Be Now" by Men At Work, they previewed the sequence of the music video that zoomed up to his crazy ass eyes. For years I thought he said "....look at me now....", and for even longer I thought when I saw that scene that he was doing some trick or showing off some random skill. You know, like how that kid in the 3rd grade who could flip his eyelids inside out and let them stay there giving him an incredibly creepy look that kind of startled you at first, but once you realize what was going on you totally wanted to know how to do it too. Especially since anything outside normal could impress any girl at that age, and every boy had absolutely no real conscious sensation of fear to embarrass himself to impress a girl for the sake of attention.

I wanted to do that!! I grew up actually trying to do it too. I actually put in effort to try to make my eyes do the crazy shit his eyes do. NADA!!!

Anyways, that's what I thought and 2 hours ago I had a major fucking update my the knowledge bank of pointless shit. Now I have the best conversation starter for anyone above the age of 26.

Good for you Colin Hay, your heavily reggae influenced vocals, over acted music video performances and that creepy fucking eye.

PS. I love you










No comments:

Post a Comment